Today, many people choose to sport an Apple Watch. However, too many people do not actually know how to use and set it to different timekeeping systems. Don’t be one of those people! You can learn how to change an Apple Watch to military time in our step-by-step guide here. We will walk you through the steps to set an Apple Watch to military time and provide other useful information, so make sure you read everything!
Here is a summary of the 4 steps you will need to take:
- Open Watch app.
- Open My Watch tab.
- Select the Clock tab.
- Slide the 24-Hour Time option deck so that it changes from gray to green.
For the details, continue to read!
Table of Contents
How to Put Military Time on Apple Watch (4 Steps)
To make an Apple Watch 24 hour time, you need to switch it to military time using your iPhone and your watch, that’s it. You do not need any other materials!
Note: You need to turn on 24 hour time format because this will take away the A.M and P.M and leave you with just numbers, which is the closest timekeeping system to military time (The only difference is actual military time does not have the colon (:) between the hour and the minutes).
It is not rocket science to change military time on an Apple Watch. You just need to follow these steps here:
Step 1: Grab your iPhone and turn it on to access the Watch app. If you do not already know, the Watch app looks like this:
New iPhone models should also come with the Watch app pre-installed. However, if you do not yet have this app, there are only three steps you need to take. Here is what you have to do:
- Turn on your iPhone and go into the Settings app.
- Then, tap the GENERAL tab.
- Next, tap SOFTWARE UPDATE and make sure that your iPhone is up to date.
When your iPhone is up to date, the Watch app will automatically appear! Now, let’s get back to our procedure of setting military time on the watch:
Step 2: Once you have clicked on the Watch app, go ahead and access the My Watch tap.
Step 3: Then, scroll down and look for the Clock. Your screen should look something like this:
Step 4: After you have tapped on the Clock, at the top, you should see the option for 24-Hour time. Slide the button next to it; green means that it is turned on.
However, it is important to note that only digital Apple Watch faces can display military time. If you do not currently have a digital face added to your watch, here is how you can add one:
- In the Watch app, look for the Face Gallery.
- There should be a selection of faces for you to choose from. Tap on the one you want.
- Next, tap on the ADD button to add it to your Apple Watch.
Note: You can either get a digital face or an analog face.
And there you have it! All the steps you need to take to get military time on an Apple Watch. Try it for yourself now! If you need visual guidance, watch FoxyTech do the procedure in this video.
How to Put Military Time on iPhone (3 Steps)
As a bonus, we will also show you how to set your iPhone to military time, as well. You will want to know this because your watch cannot automatically sync any time changes with your iPhone.
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone and access the Settings app.
- Step 2: Tab the GENERAL tab.
- Step 3: Then, tap the DATE & TIME tab.
- Step 4: A similar page as before should pop up with an option to switch on 24-Hour Time. Make the switch and observe the change on the time at the top of your screen. The A.M or P.M notation should switch to just numbers.
With that, you are good to go! Now that you have read through our guide, whenever you need to, you can switch to or from military time on both your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
P.S If you cannot remember all the steps just yet, feel free to bookmark this page to look back on it in the future!
How to Put Both Military Time & Standard Time on Your Apple Watch (3 Steps)
If you want to see both the 12 hour time format and 24 hour time format, this is what you can do
- Step 1: To begin, enable the 24 hour time option as guided in the first set of steps
- Make sure you select a city in your time zone
- Step 2: Next, change the main face on your watch to analog (instead of digital)
- Step 3: Finally, input the World Clock customization to your analog watch face
Or you only want to change the military time on your Apple watch to standard time, this guide is made for you!
Were you able to put your Apple Watch in military time using our step-by-step guide on how to change an apple watch to military time above? Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear anything else you have in store, as well! Drop all your thoughts and questions in the comments and don’t forget to share this article with other readers, like your friends and family!
I am Everett Bledsoe, taking on the responsibility of content producer for The Soldiers Project. My purpose in this project is to give honest reviews on the gear utilized and tested over time. Of course, you cannot go wrong when checking out our package of information and guide, too, as they come from reliable sources and years of experience.