The Soldiers Project is looking for highly motivated Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, family members, and civilian supporters to fill openings in our Internship Program in any of our 8 locations including: Southern California, Sacramento, Seattle, Chicago, Philadelphia, Long Island and New York City.
The Soldiers Project is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are highly encouraged to apply.
Requirements: All candidates must be willing to commit to the Internship Program for a minimum of 3 months. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to provide clinical supervision for those perusing clinical degree masters programs.
- Executive Office Intern – mailings, correspondence, scheduling, special projects
- Development Intern – research prospective foundation and individual support, help write grant applications and donor communications, update donor database
- Web Design/Graphic Design Intern – keep the website current, develop designs for flyers and postcards, post social media content
- Outreach Intern – identify events where The Soldiers Project should have a presence, determine logistics and locate volunteers to help
- Recruitment Intern – identify professional organizations and/or professional events where The Soldiers Project should present in an effort to recruit additional volunteer therapists
- Advocacy Intern – learn about any new state or Federal legislations that effects post-9/11 Veterans and their families, study and draft briefs and blog articles
- Research Intern – learn how to research a particular issue and draft a response in the form of a letter to the editor or op/ed piece
Send your resume and cover letter describing the position you are applying for, location, and why you are the best candidate to Intern@TheSoldiersProject.org.
Some positions may require a minimum weekly hour requirement.