Table of Contents
- Top 12 Tactical Seat Cover Reviews
- 1. SUNPIE Upgrade Tactical Seat Cover
- 2. Tacticool Car Seat Back Tactical Car Seat Cover
- 3. Chris Kyle Interior Seat Cover
- 4. Yoursme Universal Front Seat Cover
- 5. Kryptek Spartan Auto Seat Cover
- 6. Danti Front Seat Cover Organizer
- 7. Yawayda Seat Back Cover Car Seat
- 8. IronSeals Car Seat Back Tactical Seat Cover
- 9. Otomitake 2 Pcs Tactical Seat Back Organizer
- 10. Dasiyoki Tactical Car Seat Back Organizer
- 11. Smittybilt 5661031 GEAR Front Seat Cover
- 12. MAIKER Tactical Rigid Insert Panel Seat Cover
- What to Look for When Buying Tactical Seat Covers
- How Do I Know If These Tactical Seat Cover Fit My Car
- Are Tactical Seat Covers Safe for Use on Heated Leather Seats
Whether you own a large truck or a small car, there’s one common problem they share, and that’s storage space. Ideally, you need to free your floor from items, especially long rifles and ammo, for a smooth drive. Fortunately, getting the best tactical seat covers can solve this problem easily.
Tactical seat covers can store plenty of items in Molle bags. They keep things organized in the backseat of your vehicle. So, how do you choose the perfect tactical seat cover?
Here are three factors that you might want to consider:
- Material: Tactical seat covers are often made of nylon or polyester fabric. These two materials are both sturdy and lightweight, but nylon is a little stronger. Polyester, on the other hand, is faster-drying and resistant to abrasion.
- Size: Finding the right fit of the seat cover is crucial for optimizing its purpose. You want the cover to sit tightly in your vehicle’s seat area so items stay secure. If you own multiple vehicles, you can look for a universal fitting to make it useful to any car model.
- Molle System: The effectiveness of a tactical seat cover depends on its capacity to hold items securely. If you plan to store a lot of stuff, look for a Molle system that allows you to add plenty of pouches. Look for a secure gun holder if you plan to bring a rifle in the car.
I know how tedious it is to buy a tactical seat cover, given the many brands available today. For easy shopping, I have reviewed 12 of my favorite brands. You can also refer to the buying guide to choose your own brand.
- 600 denier polyester
- Tiny hook & loop strip
- Fits most truck models
- 180-day warranty
- Offers a large capacity
- Provides many pockets
- Adjustable rifle straps
- 600-denier polyester
- Has heavy bungee cord
Top 12 Tactical Seat Cover Reviews
1. SUNPIE Upgrade Tactical Seat Cover
I’m pleased that I came across the Tactical seat covers F150 from Sunpie. This military seat cover has a universal design that fits most truck models, such as 2007-2016 jeep wranglers, Cherokee, and Land Cruiser.
I love how plenty of molle bags are fixed into the seat cover to store essential items, like phones, compasses, and flashlights. There are around seven molle bags, and my favorite pouch is the large goods storage bag as it fits all my fit trail gear. The best part is I can add or remove the pouches if I like.
Another thing that I like about this upgraded large seat cover is the quality. The seat cover uses 600 denier polyester, which I believe to be durable and stable. The molle bags are fixed by canvas strips rather than velcro, so I think they’re stronger and more secure that way.
The upgraded version offers a large seat cover, which I love because it protects my car seat from dirt effectively. At the top, there’s a hook-and-loop strip that can fit a small patch for a little customization. I can add whatever flag or design I want to replace the American flag on the cover.Heads-up: However, the seat cover is not UV protected because the color faded when exposed to direct sunlight through an untinted window. Pros:
- Fits most truck models
- Large size provides more protection coverage from dirt
- Offers plenty of molle bags for more storage area
- 600 denier polyester feels strong and stable
- Canvas strips help Molle bags stay secure
- Tiny hook and loop strip allows customization
- No UV protection to protect the color from fading
2. Tacticool Car Seat Back Tactical Car Seat Cover
Tacticool offers one of the top-tier tactical car seat covers that can expand the storage area of my car. It has more pockets than I can count, so it can handle just about anything from pens to emergency kits.
This tactical seat organizer features a unique Molle system that can accommodate extra Molle packs to increase storage space. I think the capacity is about 50 lbs, which is more than sufficient to keep my things organized. What’s even better is that this tactical seat cover installs very easily and firmly with its two adjustable buckle straps.
The construction of this seat cover is pretty impressive. I love the 1000D nylon fabric that can resist tear and abrasion. There are two large pockets to handle big items and D-rings to hook other pouches for extra storage.
This Tacticool seat cover includes a USA flag patch that can show my patriotism to the country. Thankfully, the patch isn’t fixed, so I can switch it with another design whenever I like. Additionally, the product comes with a 180-day warranty to cover any defects.Heads-up: However, the size may be a little small if you own a big vehicle. For my Kia Soul, this cover works perfectly. I also noticed an unpleasant smell but it died down after several uses of fabric sprays. Pros:
- Provides many pockets for extra storage, including two large ones
- Unique Molle system and D-rings allow easy addition of pouches
- Offers a large capacity, up to 50 lbs
- 1000D nylon fabric feels heavy-duty for rugged use
- Includes a replaceable American flag patch & two adjustable buckle straps
- Comes with a 180-day warranty
- A little small for some vehicles
- Smells unpleasant at first
3. Chris Kyle Interior Seat Cover
When talking about tactical seat covers with gun holder, Chris Kyle is one of my favorites. This interior seat cover has a pistol concealment pouch located at the front, making it subtle and accessible.
The fabric is made of rugged 600-denier polyester, which has a nice degree of thickness. I think it’s finished with a special Duckskin coating because it repels stains and water very effectively. My favorite is the high-quality Endurseam stitching, as it makes the cover even more durable.
The Molle setup is well made and adds a slight badass look to the cover. It’s a big plus that I can carry two rifles or shotguns, thanks to the adjustable rifle straps. I have to applaud the velcro side setup because it breaks free during the deployment of the airbag.
The skull print design makes this seat cover stand out from others. In addition, the headrest cover fits nicely on my father’s 2016 Nissan Titan XD. Compared to other bungee cord fasteners I tried, the ones on this particular model are heavier.Heads-up: However, this cover won’t fit those seats with built-in headrests and seat belts. Pros:
- Has a concealed pouch for pistols
- Adjustable rifle straps allow the storage of two rifles or shotguns
- 600-denier polyester and Endurseam stitching add durability
- Duckskin coating repels stains and water
- Molle setup and skull print look badass
- Has heavy bungee cord fasteners and velcro side setup
- Not compatible with seats with built-in seat belts and headrests
4. Yoursme Universal Front Seat Cover
Yoursme is another excellent brand when it comes to universal tactical seat covers as it can fit many vehicles, like Jeep Wranglers, Ridgeline, and Toyota Tacoma TRD. It’s also one of the few tactical seat covers Ram 1500 compatible on the market today.
This seat pad offers substantial protection from spills and dirt while providing a beautiful look in my Jeep. I love the variety of pouches and pockets that can fit almost anything from phones to tools and other personal items. I also believe that the 600 denier polyester is tough enough to endure any beating.
Installation is very easy. The cover is fixed with velcro, and the packets are set up with buckles for more security. I like the fact that I can add or remove modular pouches, depending on how many items I plan to bring on my trip.
One thing that I admire about this product is the warranty. Yoursme offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty. I had a little issue with the seat cover, and the customer service was friendly enough to solve it.Heads-up: Unfortunately, I find the shock cord a bit short for my preference. But the cover’s overall quality makes this flaw acceptable, in my opinion. It’s one of the most favorite tactical seat covers f250 options. Pros:
- Fits most vehicles, like Jeep Wranglers
- Protects the car seat while organizing items
- Designed with plenty of removable pockets for storage
- 600 denier polyester seems tough enough for rugged use
- Easy to install with the buckles and velcros
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Shock cord is a little short
5. Kryptek Spartan Auto Seat Cover
Kryptek tactical seat covers have always been known for their noteworthy functionality and performance. The Spartan Auto Seat Cover is no different with its premium material and construction.
The ripstop fabric doesn’t feel cheap and won’t tear easily. I noticed no visible stains even when I spilled colored liquids onto the fabric. More importantly, this cover doesn’t create that annoying crinkly noise or bunch up, so it looks awesome on my Jeep Renegade.
Kryptek has one of the best patterns among the many tactical jeep seat covers I’ve used so far. The logo looks enigmatic and thankfully, embroidered to give a high-quality finish. The headrest features a Duckskin fabric coating to repel water, while foam backing keeps the seat cover in place.
I like that this Kryptek cover works with most side seat airbags. In the event of a crash, the Safe Seam technology lets the cover stitching break off for side airbag usage. My favorite is the metal clips because they allow me to attach anything to my seat.Heads-up: However, this cover doesn’t suit a 2013 Tacoma. People who use this vehicle are better off with another option. Pros:
- Made of tear-resistant ripstop fabric that won’t show stains
- Won’t bunch up and create annoying crinkly noise
- Has awesome patterns like the logo, and a Duckskin headrest
- Foam backing keeps the seat cover secure
- Allows the easy deployment of airbags
- Metal clips allow the hanging of items on the seat
- Incompatible with the 2013 Tacoma
6. Danti Front Seat Cover Organizer
I’ve been a fan of Coverking tactical seat covers, but they get too expensive for me. Luckily, someone recommended Danti, which almost has similar customization features.
This Danti Seat Cover Organizer keeps it interesting by letting customers customize with all sorts of Molle attachments. I like to organize my sunglasses, knives, cellphone, and other stuff in different pouches. Every cover has velcro and elastic straps, which I like to use to achieve the best fit.
The 600D non-woven fabric feels lightweight yet tough enough to carry pointed or heavy objects. There are about seven pouches in total, so that’s a lot of storage capacity. As long as I don’t put the velcro too tight, the straps loosen easily when the airbags go off.
I feel reassured about buying this seat cover because Danti provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. The customer service is amazing, plus the warranty lasts up to 18 months. Considering the price, it’s an excellent deal.Heads-up: On the downside, this cover is best used on cars without a center console. If yours has one and you still want to try this product out, you should consult Danti first. Pros:
- Allows the customization of Molle pouches
- Velcro and elastic straps help make the cover fit perfectly
- Can fit plenty of pouches to increase storage capacity
- 600D fabric can take heavy, pointed objects without tearing
- Straps get loosened easily for airbag deployment
- Money-back guarantee and long warranty at a reasonable price
- Best used on cars without center consoles
7. Yawayda Seat Back Cover Car Seat
Yawayda is one of the badass military seat covers for trucks that allow the storage of two rifles. Thankfully, there are two straps to hold the rifle vertically, so they won’t fall down while the user’s driving.
I installed this seat organizer on the back seat of my brother’s 2019 Tacoma, and it fits just right. The back area provides a lot of space for storage with various types of Molle pouches. I ended up attaching a lot of stuff, like a first aid kit, ammo, and flashlight.
The fabric is 1000D Oxford nylon, so it’s very tough and durable against daily wear. The top strap seems to be carefully stitched because it didn’t break when I attached some heavy items. Also, the Molle straps seem capable of holding different weights of pouches for added storage.
This seatback organizer fits almost any vehicle, thanks to its two adjustable straps. I believe it can fit on trucks, SUVs, and pickup trucks. Among all the features, my favorite is the large middle pocket because it can hold my laptop safely.Heads-up: However, I dislike how the strap is wrapped around the front seat because it looks a little unkempt. Pros:
- Can hold two rifles in a vertical position securely
- Provides a lot of space for attaching Molle pouches
- Middle large pocket can keep large items, like laptops
- 1000D Oxford nylon fabric proves to be sturdy
- Top and Molle straps are well-stitched to carry heavy stuff
- Adjustable straps allow the fitting of most vehicles
- Strap wrapping around the front seat looks untidy
8. IronSeals Car Seat Back Tactical Seat Cover
The IronSeals Car Seat Back Organizer provides multiple storage compartments to make our vehicle mess-free. The package comes with four detachable pouches and four carabiners, which I find useful for climbing.
There are two large pockets and three bottom pockets built into the cover for more storage options. I like the fact that the panel allows me to fit as many Molle pouches as I like. I’m a fan of the water bottle pouch because it looks very secure when holding my water bottle during travel.
I believe that the organizer is made of nylon fabric as it delivers high compressive strength and wear resistance. I tried putting some sharp tools on the bottom pocket and I didn’t notice any abrasions on the fabric at all. More impressively, this cover didn’t fade after washing many times.
When it comes to design, IronSeals never disappoint. There’s a magic loop panel where buyers can stick morale patches. As a bonus, the package already includes a US flag for military or law enforcement personnel.Heads-up: However, there’s no instructions included, so installation is a bit tricky. Consumers should also know that this item doesn’t suit cars with power seats. Pros:
- Offers multiple storage options
- Comes with four removable pouches, including a water bottle pouch
- Includes four carabiners for climbing and a US flag patch
- Back panel is compatible with Molle pouches
- Nylon fabric construction feels strong and won’t fade easily
- Magic loop panel can fit multiple morale patches
- Installation is a little difficult due to a lack of instructions
- Not for cars with power seats
9. Otomitake 2 Pcs Tactical Seat Back Organizer
I’ve tried many backseat organizers to hold my mid-size weapon on my wide truck, and Otomitake provides the most secure hold. This seatback organizer works well in holding 16-inch guns in a horizontal position and several mags.
The package comes with two seatback organizers, which gives more value to its price. With the buckles and adjustable straps, installation is a breeze around the car seat. I think this organizer can fit most vehicles, like SUVs, wranglers, and minivans.
The back panel has six rows of Molle, so I was able to place my small camping and hunting gear in small pouches. Surprisingly, the thing that holds the rifles securely is the two symmetrical bags. The two bottom pockets are also my favorite because they can help store extra ammo.
The 1680D Oxford fabric has a tough feel, so I think it can last for many rugged uses. I believe it’s waterproof as it didn’t wet my belongings when I spilled water onto the fabric. That’s great, considering I always put my cell phone and flashlight in a pouch.Heads-up: However, I was a little disappointed that the package didn’t come with the pouches. I had to buy additional pouches, which meant extra expense. Also, there’s no velcro patch panel, which could have been great for personalization. Pros:
- Comes with two pieces of seatback organizers for great value
- Can hold long rifles securely and some extra ammo
- Adjustable straps and buckles make it easy to install; fit most vehicles
- Provides extra room for Molle pouches to increase storage capacity
- 1680D nylon fabric feels thick and rugged for long-term use
- Waterproof to protect sensitive personal items, like cellphone
- Didn’t come with extra pouches
- No velcro patch panel to add morale patches
10. Dasiyoki Tactical Car Seat Back Organizer
The Dasiyoki Tactical Seat Back Organizer almost has the same design as Otomitake in the sense that it can also hold long rifles horizontally. It has the same Molle strap panel and two pouches at the bottom.
The Molle strap allows the attachment of more pouches, while the two bottom pouches serve as good storage for mags. Not just long rifles, the off-set gun racks can also fit short guns. With the adjustable straps, this organizer can definitely fit pretty much any car seat with a headrest.
The cover’s material is 1000D nylon, which is rugged and tear-resistant. I think it’s water-resistant enough to keep my personal items safe from moisture.
I love that the organizer is compact yet fits perfectly on my large truck seat. It has a very long strap, so it fits large vehicles like pickup SUVs and F150. Also, I like the capacity as it can hold as much as 60 lbs of gear. I never worry about my stuff being too heavy for this cover.Heads-up: However, this particular model can’t fit regular Chevrolet trucks. Users should always check the product’s dimensions before purchase to avoid misspending. Pros:
- Can hold short and long rifles secure
- Has two pouches at the bottom to store ammo
- Molle strap panel allows the attachment of other pouches
- Extra-long, adjustable straps make it fit larger vehicles
- 1000D nylon fabric feels rugged and water-resistant
- Has a capacity to hold up to 60 lbs of weight
- Not for regular Chevrolet trucks
11. Smittybilt 5661031 GEAR Front Seat Cover
The Smittybilt 5661031 GEAR looks very military with its olive drab green color. The fitting is universal, so it fits most vehicle seats, whether big or small.
The cover comes with five pouches that can be attached using a Molle and Pals Restraint System. The pouches were enough to hold items that I really need, such as a compass, first aid kit, and bottled water. The quality is stronger than I expected as these pouches can carry heavy items.
The velcro is astonishing. I’ve even thought of placing my own attachments using two-sided velcro, and it worked great. Since the pouches can be put anywhere, I can arrange them in any way I like.
I love the 600D denier polyester because it’s quick to dry and resistant to abrasions. I had no problems with the installation, so that’s a big plus. I let the cover sit in the sun for a few minutes before installation to make it easier to work with.Heads-up: However, it takes time before the cover settles properly on the seat. Users just need to sit on it a few times, and the fit will adjust itself. Pros:
- Has a beautiful OD green color that looks very military
- Universal fitting fits most vehicles
- Includes five heavy-duty pouches to store belongings
- Easy to attach and customize with velcro
- 600D polyester proves to be abrasion-resistant and quick-drying
- Easy to install when you let the fabric sit in the sun before installation
- Needs time to fit tightly on the seat
12. MAIKER Tactical Rigid Insert Panel Seat Cover
My brother got tired of fabrics, so I got him this MAIKER Tactical Seat Cover which is made of a rigid aluminum insert panel. It comes with many accessories, including two storage bags, a multi-function tool, and five fastening tapes.
I observed that this seat cover suits my brother’s SUV pretty well. Virtually, it can fit on all models as long as the vehicle has seats. The design has a mechanical feel to it, making it an excellent combat component for tactical missions.
Though it’s metal, I’m surprised that it didn’t scratch the seating area. The four fastening buckles are easy to disassemble for panel removal in case of emergency. Best of all, I got a blast arranging the bags, thanks to the five velcro included.
The fastening tapes came in handy when securing off-road equipment, like winch ropes and fire extinguishers. Since it’s aluminum, the construction feels very stable and durable. I like that the top and bottom straps can be kept hidden away from the front seat.Heads-up: However, the price is really high. I also have to point out that the straps on the clips may come loose easily, but you can thread the straps through the buckles two times for a quick fix. Pros:
- Very durable, thanks to its aluminum insert panel
- Comes with two bags, fastener tapes, and other tools
- Has a universal fit & mechanical feel to fit combat missions
- Won’t scratch the seat and is easy to disassemble
- Easy to arrange and secure items, thanks to the velcro and fastening tapes
- Straps are well-hidden from the front seat area
- Costs more than other products
- Straps on the clips get loose easily
What to Look for When Buying Tactical Seat Covers
Tactical seat covers are very popular worldwide, especially in Canada, Australia, and the US. They’re not only for aesthetics but also for improving the practicality of your seats. These covers protect your seat while increasing the storage capacity of your vehicle.
To ensure the best purchasing decision, here are some features to look for.
Tactical seat covers come in various types of materials, and only you can select which is best for your needs. Typically, this type of seat cover is available in ballistic nylon, canvas, or polyester.
Canvas features a durable polyester/cotton blend that’s rugged, soft, and machine-washable. Most of the time, this type of fabric is treated to resist water and stains.
Ballistic nylon is a tough fabric that repels stains, water, and abrasions. This fabric often has a smooth, shiny surface, making it look more aesthetically pleasing. Cordura-ballistic fabric provides similar benefits but provides a more canvas-like finish.
Polyester is lightweight and durable, similar to nylon, but it’s firmer and less strong. This fabric is known for its quick-drying qualities and great abrasion resistance.
The thickness of fabric can be determined by the denier (D) unit of measurement, found after a number. In general, a higher denier count means thicker and more durable but rougher and heavier.
A 70d fabric is very lightweight and can endure some wear and tear. Something that ranges between 200d to 400d or more is more durable and a bit heavier. These fabrics won’t rip and tear easily.
The most rugged and sturdy fabric falls between 1000d to 1680d. These fabrics are so strong that they can endure everything thrown at them, but they tend to be the heaviest.
It’s critical that you get the best fit in your car; otherwise, the seat cover will only get loose while driving on a bumpy road. To ensure the best fit, know your vehicle’s specs, like year and model. Typically, manufacturers list the vehicle models that are compatible with the seat cover.
Other manufacturers create a universal fit, but they’ll enumerate the vehicle models that are compatible. Look for adjustable straps so that you can fit the cover properly into your vehicle’s seat.
The Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment (Molle) system refers to the attachment of pouches to your tactical seat covers. Using Molle allows you to fully customize your gear to fit your mission. Some items you can attach include magazines, first aid kits, and even long rifles.
Rows of rugged fabric known as PALS are designed on the seat cover, so you can simply add or remove pouches whenever you like. They’ll likely have straps or sticks to hold your bags in place.
The most trusted tactical seat cover brands provide pouches for certain items, like flashlights, tools, and cellphones. Others even have a secure place for long rifles and magazines. Regardless of what you choose, make sure that it fits all your gear and personal items.
How Do I Know If These Tactical Seat Cover Fit My Car
The best way is to know your vehicle specs, like year and model. Most manufacturers list the vehicle models that suit their seat cover. Even the universal seat cover versions provide a list of compatible vehicle models, so make sure that you know yours to ensure the best fit.
Are Tactical Seat Covers Safe for Use on Heated Leather Seats
It’s not advisable to place seat covers on heated leather seats unless the fabric is fire-resistant. You can also check the manual to determine whether you can do so. Among the popular fabrics that are fire-resistant include kevlar, proban, and Nomex.
Getting the best tactical seat covers surely solves your problems of space and organization inside your vehicle. My top pick is the SUNPIE Universal Tactical Seat Cover because it has an upgraded large size that offers the most extensive coverage of protection from dirt. Chris Kyle’s cover offers a hidden gun holder pouch, while Otomitake and Dasiyoki provide secure storage for long rifles.
Let us know what you think about tactical seat covers below. You can also share this article with your friends if you like it.
I am Everett Bledsoe, taking on the responsibility of content producer for The Soldiers Project. My purpose in this project is to give honest reviews on the gear utilized and tested over time. Of course, you cannot go wrong when checking out our package of information and guide, too, as they come from reliable sources and years of experience.