There are a total number of 52 military schools in the U.S, and they have different tuition fees. Today’s article compiles all the military schools tuition fees for your reference.
The total fees range from $0 to $90,950.50. But keep reading for the complete answer to, “How much do military schools cost?”
Table of Contents
Southern Preparatory Academy
Tuition fees range from $27,025 to $28,258 depending on your payment plan
- If you pay full, the tuition is $27,025
- If you pay by semester, the tuition is $27,800
- If you pay by 10-month plan, the tuition is $28,258
For out-of-state students, there is an additional $2,500 fee per academic year.
1. California Maritime Academy
For Undergraduate Full Time CA Resident Students
- Fall 2022 (> 6 units) = $4,227
- Spring 2023 (>6 units) = $4,490
- Summer 2023 (Up to 8 units) = $2,057
- Annual = $10,774
Post Baccalaureate Full Time CA Resident Students
- Fall 2022 (> 6 units) = $4,944
- Spring 2023 (>6 units) = $5,270
- Summer 2023 (Up to 8 units) = $2,474
- Annual = $12,625
For non-resident students, there is an additional $396 fee per unit.
2. California Military Institute
There is no cost or tuition to attend. It is open to all Riverside County residents. It is a college preparatory school, not a boarding or free military school for troubled youth.
3. Oakland Military Institute
This is another no-tuition school.
4. St. Catherine’s Academy
- If you enter a day program, the total cost for
- TK to 1st grade is $13,110
- 2nd to 8th grade is $16,712
- If you enter a 5-day boarding program, the total cost is $43,163
- If you enter a 7-day boarding program, the total cost is $57,140
US Air Force Academy
There is no cost.
1. US Coast Guard Academy
2. Delaware Military Academy
No tuition. It is open to Delaware resident applicants.
1. Admiral Farragut Academy
Tuition range from $14,400 to $58,200 depending on the grade, type of student, and payment plan. Here is the overview:
2. Francis Marion Military Academy
1. Benedictine Military School
Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year is $14,600. This is not including other costs. You may be eligible for discounts if you are:
- A Catholic = Discount of $1,000
- An Active Duty Member = $200
2. Georgia Military College
- Milledgeville Main Campus = $860.00 per course
- Community College Campus = $780.00 per course
- Global Online Campus = $885.00 per course
- Corp of Cadets = $5,731.50 (Not including other fees)
3. Riverside Military Academy
- S Boarding Cadets – $44,684
- Day Cadets = $25,478
- International Cadets = $51,504
4. The Military College of Georgia
Tuition is about $20,975.90, but there can be variations depending on whether you are a student in-state or out-of-state and the term you are enrolling in.
1. Air Force Academy High School
This military high school cost is 0.
2. Carver Military Academy
3. Chicago Military Academy
This is also a no-charge academy.
4. Marmion Academy
Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year is $14,300.
There are scholarship opportunities.
5. Phoenix Military Academy
6. Rickover Military School
Culver Military Academy
The total cost for tuition, room, and board here is $54,500.00.
Maine Maritime Academy
- In-state = $11,250
- New England Regional = $17,040
- Out-of-State = $26,170
There are also fees for room/board and specific majors. There are various aid options, waiver programs, and scholarship opportunities.
1. Leonard Hall Junior Naval Academy
The annual tuition rate for the 2021-2022 school year is $9,001.00. There is also a registration fee of $150.00 for new students (non-refundable).
If you opt for a 10-month or a 12-month payment plan, there is an additional fee of $10.00 per month.
2. United States Naval Academy
3. Great Lakes Maritime Academy
For the deck officer program (Without a Bachelor’s Degree for 4 years):
- In-district: $86,217.50.
- In-state: $90,111.50.
- Out-of-state: $92,388.50.
For the deck officer program (With a Bachelor’s Degree for 3 years):
- In-district: $76,848.00.
- In-state: $80,624.00.
- Out-of-state: $82,832.00.
For the engineering officer program (3-year curriculum):
- In-district: $74,141.50.
- In-state: $78,389.50.
- Out-of-state: $80,873.50.
For the engineering officer program (4-year curriculum):
- In-district: $83,096.50.
- In-state: $88,052.50.
- Out-of-state: $90,950.50.
St. Thomas Academy
- Grades 9 to 12 = $24,200
- Grades 7 to 8 = $21,500
- Tuition for grade 6 = $18,500
There is also a non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit.
Missouri Military Academy
- US boarding students:
Room and board for the 2021-2022 school year cost $38,000 if you pay the full year. $19,000 if you enroll mid-term.
- Day students:
Room and board for the 2021-2022 school year cost $6,500.
- International boarding students:
Room and board for the 2021-2022 school year cost the same as U.S boarding students, plus a $2,500 fee.
There is also a $2,859.00 uniform and accessories cost for new students and $500 for returning students.
Marine Academy (MAST)
New Mexico Military Institute
The 2022-2023 costs for new cadets are:
- In-state: $6,587.00
- Non-resident North Americans: $10,113.00
- International: $14,176.00
1. Christian Brothers Academy
For 2022-2023, tuition is $18,250.
2. La Salle Institute
Tuition ranges from $12,330 to $16,055.
3. Military Academy at West Point
4. New York Military Academy
The full-year 2021-2022 costs are as follows:
- Day Cadets = $34,850
- Boarding Cadets = $46,250
5. SUNY Maritime College
Tuition ranges from $12.007 to $21,842 for undergraduates. For graduates, it is from $6,381 to $20,878.05. Here are the detailed tuition rates:
6. U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
No tuition fee. But there are midshipman fees.
Valley Forge Military Academy and College
- Full-year boarding student = $37,975
- Full-year day student = $22,975
Naval War College
Tuition ranges from $9,998 to $100,000.
Camden Military Academy
- Full-payment Domestic = $29,590
You can pay monthly.
- Full-payment International = $37,995
You must pay in full.
Tuition is $13,140 for SC residents and $36,396 for non-residents.
1. Marine Military Academy
Tuition is from $18,050 to $34,700.
2. San Marcos Academy
Tuition ranges from $3,653.00 to $49,811.00 depending on your mode of enrollment and choice of program.
3. Texas Maritime Academy
You need to contact admissions for details.
4. Texas Military Institute
Tuition is from $25,670 to $56,510, depending on the enrollment mode and student residency.
The average cost after aid is $25,454.
1. Fork Union Military Academy
2. Franklin Military Academy
3. Hargrave Military Academy
The range is from $15,924 to $49,419.
Payment plan options:
4. Massanutten Military Academy
Massanutten Military Academy tuition ranges from $18,000 to $32,500.
5. Randolph-Macon Academy
Tuition is between $16,668 and $46,251.
6. Virginia Military Institute
Tuition ranges from $30,032 to $59,886.
St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy
- 7-day boarding = $45,000
- 5-day boarding = $44,000
- Day school = $20,500
- International = $51,500
You can apply for need-based financial assistance and student loans.
With all this information on how much do military schools cost, you can decide to identify affordable military schools and choose your k 12 military school, and (possibly) select the cheapest military school. We hope this article on the cost of military schools was useful.
Furthermore, check this guide to know how to send your child to military school if you needed!
I am Everett Bledsoe, taking on the responsibility of content producer for The Soldiers Project. My purpose in this project is to give honest reviews on the gear utilized and tested over time. Of course, you cannot go wrong when checking out our package of information and guide, too, as they come from reliable sources and years of experience.